Kate's Korner

Here I hold forth on matters writerly, and anything else that takes my fancy.

Name:
Location: Boyertown, Pennsylvania, United States

I've got enough short stories published for SFWA membership, and I'm in the middle of making the next jump to novel sales. The mad genius parts are true. I'm quite insane, and I qualified for Mensa at the tender age of 8 but never actually joined up. As far as I can tell being a mad genius isn't a good thing, although it can be fun.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Good News

I've made my first professional sale :-D

Naturally, I'm completely over the moon about it. The story, "A Change of Heart", will be in the Valdemar anthology coming out from DAW sometime in the future. It's a collaboration between me and my friend and mentor Sarah Hoyt

We were talking about short story ideas for the anthology, and I mentioned this one. She was so taken with the idea and the characters (both of whom have decided to harass us both in the hope of getting their very own novel. Honestly! Ungrateful beggars) that she invited me to collaborate with her. Permission was granted from On High, and the story went in on Tuesday. Today, we heard it was accepted.

I'm still floating :)

Kate

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU WILL TELL US WHEN IT IS TO BE AVAILABLE! OR WE SHALL GNAW YOUR GNEES OFF!

That is so AWESOME! So cool! That's great! Congratulations!

*foams quietly at the mouth, rabidly*

9:02 AM  
Blogger Kate Paulk said...

I don't know yet when it will be available. I assume in about a year, since that seems to be the usual lead time on such things.

I will post more information as it comes to hand :)

Kate

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a year. Dec 6, 2005. Kate and Sarah have page proofs due Monday.

Pre-order it on Amazon

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home