Kate's Korner

Here I hold forth on matters writerly, and anything else that takes my fancy.

Name:
Location: Boyertown, Pennsylvania, United States

I've got enough short stories published for SFWA membership, and I'm in the middle of making the next jump to novel sales. The mad genius parts are true. I'm quite insane, and I qualified for Mensa at the tender age of 8 but never actually joined up. As far as I can tell being a mad genius isn't a good thing, although it can be fun.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Getting back into things

Well.

It's been way too long since I did this. Blame life. It jumped up and bit me again.

On the plus side, I'm writing again, despite not having any time to do anything. I just love my job... I'm the QA person for a small software development company. Said company has some fundamental issues with quality control and work flow. I'm trying to improve things, but... The 50 hour weeks and constant crisis management are wearing thin.

Writing wise, I'm in a story-a-week challenge, where the idea is to write one short story per week. It doesn't have to be good. It just has to be finished. I'm also making bits of progress on two novels. So, writing is good. I'm even submitting what I write.

Today marks a new record for me, with all of three short stories out. Sad. ain't it? I figure if I can send out a story a week as well as write one a week, I'll be doing okay. I can see my spreadsheet of stories out getting very complicated, since sooner or later I'm going to need to track what I've sent to which market and not repeat myself.

Oh, and I'm 'enjoying' one of those truly delightful viruses doing the rounds at the moment. This one features headcold symptoms and joint aches. Bleah.

Kate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home