Kate's Korner

Here I hold forth on matters writerly, and anything else that takes my fancy.

Name:
Location: Boyertown, Pennsylvania, United States

I've got enough short stories published for SFWA membership, and I'm in the middle of making the next jump to novel sales. The mad genius parts are true. I'm quite insane, and I qualified for Mensa at the tender age of 8 but never actually joined up. As far as I can tell being a mad genius isn't a good thing, although it can be fun.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Opening the ledger

Well, I am officially certifiable, starting a writing-related blog when I'm not even published, my writing output at the moment is minimal at best, and I hardly know anyone who'd want to read what I write anyway.

Never mind. Maybe writing, chatting and occasionally ranting and whining will inspire me to get more actual writing done.

For those who find this by strange and mysterious googling, I write mostly fantasy with occasional excursions into science fiction. Feel free to leave now if this isn't your thing.

Current WIPs:
  • Spell Weaver - an urban fantasy collaboration with Darwin Garrison. Going well
  • Housewarming - science fiction short story which I hope to complete in time for WotF 3rd quarter.
Stalled WIPs:
  • New Camelot - near future urban fantasy/alternate history, stalled in revision after a crash ate 20 chapters worth of revisions.
  • Technomage - high fantasy, stalled out.
In Submission:
  • Heirs to the Shattered Realms - fantasy novel, at Baen, will probably be rejected.
  • Destiny's Choice - fantsy short story, borderline YA, currently at Realms of Fantasy after being a near-miss for an invitation only anthology.
Completed and Homeless:
  • The Orcs are Revolting - fantasy burlesque short story. Has collected several rejections. For some reason belching, flatulent orcs taking the piss just doesn't appeal to everyone.
  • The Orc-Full Truth - see above.
  • Dark Lady - fantasy short story, whimsical humor.
Hopefully I'll be posting progress updates and snippets here. Progress updates would be nice. Words written would be nice.

And now, back to work... The paid version, the one that's eating all my time.

Kate

1 Comments:

Blogger Darwin said...

Oh, my. Lady Kate, what have you done? Now you've opened the floodgates. ;)

Then again, anything that gets you to write more is good, IMO.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home